Thursday 17 May 2012

San Antonio


Had the 'famous' chicken fried steak in Lulus bakery, which was on Man Vs Food. Weren't the best thing I've eaten, but then I am very fussy so I'm probably not the best person to get a review off. The bakery was on Man Vs Food because they also sold a cinnamon bun that weighed a pound, but neither of us like cinnamon, which it seems everyone in America does, so we didn't try it.



The Alamo

We visited the Alamo, which is the site of a Battle, between Mexico and Texas, and was interesting to walk around. A bit of culture for us, but I have to admit, I only knew about it because of Top Gear.


Spent the afternoon walking around the canals. It was SO hot, we went into the nearest bar we could, which turned out to be an Irish bar and Laura got drunk on one Long Island Iced tea while we watched some football on the tv. Very dramatic as it went to penalties. Think the Germans won.



We then went for Mexican. This is me trying out some Tex Mex, very tasty.


 The margarita Laura made me buy however, was not!!!!!!! And theres a mariachi band sneaking up behind me, but I couldn't concentrate because I was holding back the vomit. We got talking to a couple from Denver during dinner and I got distracted talking to them and managed to finish the drink.

1 comment: