Saturday 21 April 2012

Atlanta

Oh my God the drive into Atlanta was horrific, Laura had tears in her eyes! We're talking 9 lanes joining on the left and having to be in the right lane in 500 yards to come off at a junction! Even Tim the satnav had a breakdown!! I'm sure at one point he started yelling at Laura 'GO RIGHT GO RIGHT'. 



The Atlanta skyline taken from Piedmont Park. A huge park had everything you could think of in there puts Cannon Hill to shame! 





A lake in the park, we sat on a bench hanging from a tree overlooking the lake, I read a paper while Laura messed around with her camera for half hour trying to find a good setting. It's never been the same since.





 You can't get more American than a drive in movie! We Saw 21 Jump Street which was hilarious, and loved being able to sit in the car and watch it  #crazylazy


                                         

The first of hopefully many restaurants we first heard about on Man Vs Food. Had one of their 'famous' burgers which was pretty tasty I must say. I think I've had a burger every other meal. Have to say I'm craving a Toby Carvery.The next day we went to 'Gladys Knights Chicken and Waffles', which Adam from MVF said was one of the best meals he had. Now, it was tasty but at the end of the day, it was just chicken and waffles. 




In Dennys Diner you can build your own pancakes, so I had that for dinner :) Chocolate chips in the pancakes, with hot fudge and strawberries. I don't recommend that much sugar for dinner, major sugar low, had to go straight to bed.
 This is Laura, our waitress from Dennys. She was lovely, and maybe a little crazy. Kept asking us to say her name because she loved our accents. 





We went on the coca cola tour, considering Laura has only ever drank diet coke it was quite emosh, here she is shooting the breeze with the chap who made Coke!
We also went to the CNN tour which was just over the road not as fun as coke but interesting all the same.




Lauras Peanut butter and Jelly sandwich! I hated it, but Laura seemed to enjoy. Think she's trying out everything American, I wonder whats next.



I know this is a man in a costume but he was soooooooo cute! 




Theres an underground shopping centre in Atlanta which used to be a rail line back in the 1800's. Was interesting to walk around, UNTIL a man walked into me and his cigarette fell out of his hand and he yelled at us and made Laura pick it up off the floor! I'm still shook up from it, he looked genuinely mental.

2 comments:

  1. Love the drive in film! I imagine 50's cars parked all around. Hope you're both now suitably bronzed x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm nowhere near as bronzed as I want! might start going on sun beds! x

    ReplyDelete