Wednesday 2 May 2012

Panama City

We were originally meant to spend the day in Pensacola but there was a storm so we stayed at one of the stop off points waiting for it to clear as there was torrential rain. So we spent a good few hours in Ripleys believe it or not in Panama City, the beach was really nice too but obviously it was raining so it didn't look its best.




This was in ripleys, the car was covered in English coins.



When we came out after the storm this was over the road ;)


We found this restaurant board very humorous!



This is Panama City Beach it would be beautiful on a sunny day but I like it all the same.


We travelled to a little town called Seaside, this is where the Truman Show was recorded and it does look like a film set everything was clean and tidy and expensive looking i'd imagine this is where the rich people holiday.

From here we travelled to Pensacola and another storm hit but I had no option but to drive on as it was getting dark, I've never seen rain like it, I couldn't see a thing in front of me I was petrified!! I had blisters on my hands by the end of it from holding onto the steering wheel for dear life, but obviously we made it in one piece.

6 comments:

  1. Hey, it's Bradley - we met at the Denny's in Houston last week, and I had my friends Steve and Graham with me. Seaside is beautiful, and my family loves taking a holiday there. Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi!! it is a lovely place, just wish it had been better weather, it was pouring with rain!! See you soon in Nashville! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leaaaa!! I've just found this and caught up with everything!
    I'm so jealous, looks like you're having an amazing time!

    I'm going to New York in June with Tom, you'll have to give me some tips. I CAN'T WAIT! I was hoping we'd cross paths but I think I miss you by a day lol :( I'm there from 14th - 20th.

    ANYWAY keep having lots of fun, and keep telling us all about it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhh no way!!!!!!! Im hoping it'll be warmer the 2nd time cause it was ruddy freezing when we started there in May! How shit we're missing each other, where are you staying? xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're staying at the Hilton New York, Avenue of the Americas.. it's only because I spent 8 MISERABLE months working in Leeds and staying in their grotty Hilton.. but I earnt so many loyalty points that I have some free nights to use at any Hilton!!
    Think it's quite near Central Park and 5th Avenue and stuff. Dunno, I have literally not planned a thing :( xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. now way how snazzy!!!!! i know what you mean about planning, we seriously plan the night before we go anywhere. Cause we started in new york we did some stuff like central park, times square, grand central, empire state, brooklyn bridge. And i think we;re staying quite far out the 2nd time round, the first time we were really central. AND we've bought some much CRAP we;ve had to buy a new suitcase, so now we have 2 suitcases each, the spare one, and 2 hand luggage bags, which we need to some how transport from New Jersey on the 21st when we give the car back, to new york, then 4 days later back to new jersey to get the flight home. I literally do not know how we're gonna do it!!! Get nervous just thinking about it! xxx

    ReplyDelete