Thursday 12 April 2012

Wilmington

This was just a place to spend the night to break up a long journey so its not well known. Its Easter Sunday so most things were closed fortunately it was a lovely day so we spent it on the beach.


Ive never seen so many churches in all my days. We must of seen about 30 churches on our drive through quite apt for the day!


Of course McDonalds was open! So we had our first maccys of the trip. Leannes is the little one although she ate half of mine too!! I should of known when I ordered pancakes, piggy narnar. Never seen so many carbs together.



Finally got to the beach to work on the base tans for florida! I was sleepy from all the driving so I lay about reading and leanne couldn't keep still so she was pacing the beach trying to pluck up courage to speak to a family that had two labrador puppies that were gorgeous. 
All along the front are these beach houses like in the photo on stilts to protect them from storms and the other side of the road theres a lake for fishing. Its a lovely little town just north of Wilmington seems like theres miles of beaches.


We went out for an italian on the evening. This picture is from the restaurant, I'm throwing it in as we're short of pics and I normally hate the pics of me but this ones alright!

No comments:

Post a Comment